Fr Mark Georges to address St Vincent de Paul Day of Recollection.
This year’s St Vincent de Paul Annual Day of Recollection takes place Nov 23 at Mount St Benedict and will have as feature speaker Fr Georges, an Opus Dei priest.
The day will have as its theme Sustainability in the Society – the New Millennium and will begin with Holy Mass at 8.30 a.m. in the Abbey church After Mass the rest of the programme continues from 10.00 a.m. with our feature speaker and the discussions of the plenary topics which will comprise the following:
(1) Sustainability in Membership,
(2) Sustainability in Technology,
(3) Sustainability in Deepening Our Faith,
(4) Sustainability in Our Finances,
(5) Sustainability in Stewardship – Giving of our time, talent and treasure,
(6) Sustainability in Solidarity – Our representation in the Church via participation in Synod.
Bottled water will be provided and members may walk with their lunches or choose to make it a day of fasting.
The Society looks forward to the participation of members for we know the importance of prayer and reflection in the work that we do.
Remember those words that are so often quoted in our meetings: “Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”